These stainless steel spouts are intended for use with the Smoky Lake Sap Collection Bags (Sap Saks) and Bag Holders. Perfect for hobbyists and small producers who want to try syrup-making without the large investment in tubing and buckets.
- Flared Lip to Prevent Back-Drip
- Max Depth Guideline
- Strong Construction
- Perfectly compatible with the Smoky Lake Bag Holders
- Size = 5/16″
- Material = 100% Food Grade Stainless Steel
- Sterilize the Spouts in boiling water.
- Measure 2″ from the tip of a 5/16″ drill bit and mark it with masking tape.
- Avoiding older tap holes, drill a straight hole into the tree trunk up to the masking tape line. Do NOT blow into the hole.
- Insert the tapered end of the tap into the hole and gently seat it with a hammer. The Max. Depth Guideline should still be visible. The tree trunk could crack if inserted too deeply.
- At the end of your maple season, remove each spout with the claw of a hammer. Do NOT plug the hole in the tree.
- Rinse the spouts and store them for reuse next season.
Shipping: We ship via USPS Priority Mail and your options are calculated based on weight. To see some example orders based on weight, visit our Shipping & Returns info.
If your total order weighs more than 13 lbs., you’ll only see “Local Pickup - Brunswick, ME” as your shipping option during checkout. Please contact us directly if you have a large order and we’ll set up custom shipping for you.
Order Processing: Please allow 2-3 business days for your order to be processed.